The Wabano Centre for Aboriginal Health offers an HIV/AIDS Prevention Program following a holistic approach to improved health and general well-being through a series of culturally relevant activities.
The programs and initiatives are designed to reduce stigma and allow HIV positive clients and their supporters to fully participate at Wabano and the public at large.
For more information on our programs, contact
Health Promotion Program Assistant
(613) 748-0657 ext. 319
Where can I find more info?
To get more information on HIV/AIDS please contact any of the following HIV organizations:
- The Ottawa Sexual Health Info Line (613) 563-2437 or 1-800-267-7432, Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm. The Sexual Health Centre is a service of Ottawa Public Health.
- The Ontario Aboriginal HIV/AIDS Strategy – www.oahas.org
- The Canadian Aboriginal AIDS Network – www.caan.ca
- CATIE – www.catie.ca
- Canadian HIV/AIDS Legal Network – www.aidslaw.ca
- PositiveLite: Canada’s Online HIV Magazine – http://positivelite.com