Wabano provides health-related, cultural programs and services for all ages- from unborn babies to seniors and everyone in between and most programs are open to the entire community.
Some of our innovative community programs include:
- Youth programs: After school homework clubs, mentoring, wilderness camps, young offender diversion and reintegration, leadership, and traditional sports
- Seniors support: Outreach to assist independent living, advocacy, case management, medical referrals, social visits and group outings
- Community kitchens: One of the most important and frequently-accessed programs we provide food budgeting, cooking classes, meal planning, nutrition counselling, emergency food relief
- Traditional teachings: Promoting an understanding and appreciation of Aboriginal culture, teachings and traditions for everyone in our community. Programs range from: language, traditional artwork, ceremony and celebration. All are welcome to join us for our weekly Culture Night Program every Monday!
- Family Therapy: Family Therapy is a culturally-based service open to all Aboriginal families residing in Ottawa. We offer support with strengthening family communication, resolving intergenerational trauma, re-connecting to culture and community as well as helping to reduce or eliminate Child Welfare involvement.
Have questions? Get in touch with us – email: firstname.lastname@example.org